Wednesday 19 October 2011

Critique Workshop.

Here is the selection of images that I took with me to the workshop...

Typography

I chose this piece because I really like the handwritten, feminine style. I like how the lines are uneven and the letters have a random appearance which contrasts nicely with the box that they form.
Sourced from: Doyle Partners

I like this piece because of how the letterform has been created with the use of negative space. The creation of light and shadow also adds depth which gives an interesting appearance.


Illustration
Sourced from: David Downton

I am a big fan of David Downton's illustrations as I like the techniques he uses with watercolour paints and inks. I was drawn to this particular piece because of the variation of intensity of colour and the contrast of detail and simplicity.

 
Sourced from: Kate Wilson

I chose a piece of work by Kate Wilson because I love her recognisable style. I like the detail and texture she creates with the dots and how she gives character and personality to her images.

 
Logo
 Sourced from: The Made Shop
To me this is a really successful logo, I like the use of block colour and simple repeated shapes. I also think the added texture gives another level which makes it stand out further.


I love the quirky appearance of this logo and I think the colour scheme works really well. It's not the simplist of designs but I think it looks good as a whole.

Photography

Sourced from: Alix Malka
Alix Malka is one of my favourite photographers and I find the images from this set of underwater work really inspiring. I love the sense of movement and weightlessness that has been captured, which gives a serene and peaceful look. The contrast between light and dark is also very striking.

 
Sourced from: Erwin Blumenfeld

To me this is a very exciting image, because of how the sense of danger and carelessness has been combined. The fluidity of the dress is also a nice contrast the structure of the architecture.


Five reasons why a crit is a useful educational tool...
  1. You learn how to present yourself and your work.
  2. You can get new ideas.
  3. Advice on how to improve.
  4. To get reassurance that your work is sending the same message you intended.
  5. Get used to giving and recieving criticism.
Five ultimate questions...

  1. What is your target audience?
  2. What was the intended reaction from this audiece?
  3. How has it evolved from your original idea?
  4. What context would it be used in?
  5. What research helped develop the piece?

No comments:

Post a Comment